JOB VACANCY - PLANNING MANAGER
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Applications in writing only for the attention of Paul Birtles to be forwarded to email@example.com before 31st March 2021
We're currently looking for a new team player to join our management team at Produmax.
Produmax has an opportunity for a Planning Manager to join their growing and very well-established team based in the Shipley area. This role involves creating and organising a production schedule on a weekly basis to ensure the company hits all OTIF figures to customer. The successful candidate will also liaise with other areas of the business to ensure all NPI planning is incorporated into any plans. They will also be required to produce rough cut capacity plans for both sales and customers.
Produmax Ltd is an excellent employer with outstanding core values. It is expected that anyone joining our business is in line and respectful of our mission, vision, and values. We are a specialist manufacturing business with expertise in high precision engineering and operate globally working in partnership with many of the most prestigious aerospace manufacturers to produce high quality machined components and assemblies - https://www.produmax.co.uk/
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and organize a production schedule on a weekly basis using scheduling software balancing on-time delivery, efficiency and achieving sales target.
- Monitor schedule daily to ensure on-time delivery and schedule adherence.
- Understand and communicate status of works orders.
- Understand and communicate to stakeholders work centre capacity, short and long term.
- Produce rough cut capacity plans based on forecasts.
- Work closely with other departments to make sure that all issues related to scheduling are properly handled and resolved.
- Ensure that every employee involved in the production process has a clear understanding of what is required to meet customer needs.
- Develop and manage the planning process.
- Accurately maintain and input data into MRP to benefit the planning function.
- Update and maintain KPIs related to the planning function.
- Work closely with the Production, Supply Chain and Technical teams to ensure execution of plan.
- Review schedule adherence of prior plans to continuously improve the planning process.
- Determine production levels of product in line with stock-holding targets, machine efficiency demand and available capacity.
- Produce recovery plans in the case of backlog.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Strong personal and professional values that align with the Produmax’s own values.
- Experience of working within a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent MS Office and ERP knowledge (ideally oracle) an advantage.
- Previous knowledge of scheduling systems an advantage
- Experience in how to blend demand to maximise machine usage.
Please apply in writing for the attention of Paul Birtles at firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing your CV.
The closing date for applications is 31st March 2021.